1. What is a cookie?
- Cookies are small text files that virtually all websites use to identify and remember users and track their activities on the Site. They contain small amounts of information and they are downloaded to a user’s laptop or other device by a web server when the user visits a website. These cookies remain on the user’s device until they expire or are deleted. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to save you time by telling a web server that you have returned to a specific page.
2. What are cookies used for?
- Without cookies, it would not be possible to achieve the level of interaction that internet users expect of the web. Cookies are used by browsers for a variety of tasks, such as:
- Tracking visits to a website and individual web pages.
- Remembering user names and passwords.
- Retrieving billing and shipping addresses.
- Remembering credit and debit card information.
- Keeping users logged into a website when web pages are re-opened.
- Remembering un-purchased items in a user’s online shopping basket.
- Tracking sales.
- Analysing trends and user behaviour.
- Improving products, services and communications.
- Displaying user-appropriate advertising - have you ever wondered why adverts
- for your favourite shops keep lingering at the side of your computer screen every time you go online? You can thank cookies for that.
- Developing and marketing products and services appropriately.
- Measuring the effectiveness of ads and web searches.
- Optimising websites and making them easier to navigate.
3. What cookies does Rearo Laminates use?
- All of the cookies we use on this Website are ‘Performance Cookies’, as categorised by The International Chamber of Commerce (UK). This classification of cookie collects anonymous information about the way our visitors use our Website - the most frequently-visited pages, the amount of time spent on each page, the number of users who click on internal and/or third-party links, how many sales are generated through each page, whether you came to our Site via another Website, etc.
- The following four Google Analytics cookies are used on this Site:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description||Cookie Expiration|
|__utma||This is a Google Analytics cookie which tracks the number of visits you make to this site and the time of the first, previous and current visit you make.
|__utmb||This is a Google Analytics cookie which tracks your activity on this website per session.||60 mins|
|__utmc||This is a Google Analytics cookie which is used for backwards compatibility.||Session|
|__utmd||This is a Google Analytics cookie which tracks how you arrived at our site.||6 months|
4. Do these cookies allow you to spy on users?
- No, they do not. These performance cookies simply allow us to track user activity on our Website - they do not contain any personal data or anything that could identify you.
5. How do I delete or modify these cookies?
- You can easily delete cookies at any time and modify your browser setting to automatically disable or enable all specific cookies. You can also set your web browser to notify you every time a cookie is presented to your computer, thus allowing you to reject or accept them on an individual basis. However, please be aware of the following consequences:
- If you delete cookies, this may cause you to lose information that would otherwise allow you to access our Website more quickly.
- By declining cookies, you may not be able to access all or some parts of our Website or enjoy certain interactive features of our services.
For further information and guidance on cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/.